Boa Constrictors,Pet Boas Morph Boas ,Hypo Boas,Albino Boas

Friday, September 16, 2005

Our Flag & Pledge Of Allegiance Under Attack by Michael Newdow

Pledge Of Allegiance Under Attack by Michael Newdow



From: "Pledge.Of.Allegiance"
To:
Subject: Pledge Under Attack . Again!
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:33:18 -0500

+ + + + +
(Forward below message to your friends)
+ + + + +

9/16/05

Michael Newdow is at it again--attacking the Pledge of
Allegiance, and finding a judge to support his push to
rule it unconstitutional.

How could this happen?

Simply stated, the U.S. Supreme court issued a "non-ruling"
on the Pledge of Allegiance instead of issuing a final decision.

That left open the door, and Michael Newdow has returned.

Grassfire is urging Americans to take immediate action by
signing our petition urging our lawmakers to move to protect
the Pledge once and for all through the Pledge Protection
Act of 2005 (S. 1046).

Please click here and join me in signing this crucial
petition and have your petition delivered to the Supreme
Court and Congress:
http://www.grassfire.org/14/petition.asp?PID=9658403&NID=1
Sincerely,

Mr. Wayne Howell


I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.



I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.
June 14, 1954


http://www.usflag.org/
http://www.usflag.org/more2.html

Link to Webpage about Flag Rules & Regulations http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

Link to Webpage about Pledge Of Allegiance History
http://www.usflag.org/history/pledgeofallegiance.html

The original Pledge of Allegiance
"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands- one nation indivisible-with liberty and justice for all."
On September 8,1892, the Boston based "The Youth's Companion" magazine published a few words for students to repeat on Columbus Day that year. Written by Francis Bellamy,the circulation manager and native of Rome, New York, and reprinted on thousands of leaflets, was sent out to public schools across the country. On October 12, 1892, the quadricentennial of Columbus' arrival, more than 12 million children recited the Pledge of Allegiance, thus beginning a required school-day ritual.
At the first National Flag Conference in Washington D.C., on June14, 1923, a change was made. For clarity, the words "the Flag of the United States" replaced "my flag". In the following years various other changes were suggested but were never formally adopted.
It was not until 1942 that Congress officially recognized the Pledge of Allegiance. One year later, in June 1943, the Supreme Court ruled that school children could not be forced to recite it. In fact,today only half of our fifty states have laws that encourage the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in the classroom!
In June of 1954 an amendment was made to add the words "under God". Then-President Dwight D. Eisenhower said "In this way we are reaffirming the transcendence of religious faith in America's heritage and future; in this way we shall constantly strengthen those spiritual weapons which forever will be our country's most powerful resource in peace and war."

A Lesson For Americans by Mike Dalka
My Grandfather was a glider infantryman in WWII, an advisor in Korea, and lost one of his sons, my uncle Gary Edwards, in Vietnam. I worked in his auto repair station during high school and he flew his flag in front daily. One day while I was sweeping the oil dry out of the bays it began to sprinkle rain. He told me to go get the flag and I said "gimme a second." He said, "It is raining, go get the flag NOW." Well I popped off my mouth about how he should cool it, it isn't going to melt or some such typical teenage comment.
My grandfather is the toughest man I've ever met. He explained once that he thought basic training was some sort of country club during WWII, because he was used to hard work anyway, and at home he didn't have indoor toilets or hot running water! And when I said whatever it was that I said to him, he turned deep crimson and I thought, "God save me, he's going to kill me for talking back." Instead tears welled up in his eyes and he squeaked out "You don't understand what this family has paid for the right to fly that flag." Then he turned his back on me and went out and got the flag. I just stood there feeling like the smallest person to ever live. Those words cut me so deep. I wish the entire country could have heard them.
[ I ] hope that this Nation might yet have enough people who understand the cost of liberty to turn things around.
This information was taken from a website maintained by Duane Streufert,
Contact that website @ http://www.usflag.org/
exact page of above story

This page is maintained by Duane Streufert, Contact Us.
Questions or comments welcome!
This Site Established on 20 November 1994.
Last Updated 10 February 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home